Alamance County Paralegal Association
- The Alamance County Paralegal Association meets the third Tuesday of each month at 12:30 p.m. at various restaurants near the county courthouse. https://sites.google.com/site/alamancectyparalegalassoc.
Asheville Area Paralegal Association
- The Asheville Area Paralegal Association has a new location for its monthly Lunch & Learn meetings. They will meet at the Twisted Lauren, 130 College Street, Asheville. The meetings take place the first Thursday of each month at noon. If you are a first-time attendee, the meeting is free.
- March 31: Save the date for the AAPA Spring Seminar at the Doubletree Biltmore Hotel in Asheville. This seminar will focus on the personal injury practice area and will include the following speakers and topics: Judge Sharon Barrett, “ADR & Judicial perspective on personal injury cases;” attorney Dale Curriden, “Medical Malpractice;” attorney Lakota Denton, “Personal Injury & Pedestrian Safety;” attorney Brad Searson, “Paralegal Ethics;” attorney Leah Broker, “Social Security Disability,” and attorney Daniel Hayes, “Worker’s Compensation.” The seminar will qualify for 6.0 CPE credit hours
- AAPA is now offering online membership payments at www.ashevilleparalegals.com/membership/join-aapa/ AAPA’s Annual Meeting will be held on April 6 and only members will be eligible to vote.
- Visit www.ashevilleparalegals.com or find AAPA on Facebook for more information about monthly meetings, seminar and membership.
Cumberland County Paralegal Association
- The Cumberland County Paralegal Association meets the second Tuesday of each month at 1 p.m. at various locations. Visit ccpara.com for information and news or contact Amy.Holt@hutchenslawfirm.com
- April 22: Annual Paralegal Seminar takes place from 8 am – 5 pm at Methodist University in Fayetteville.
Guilford Paralegal Association
- Information about GPA is available at www.guilfordparalegalassociation.org or by emailing information@guilfordparalegalassociationorg or email@example.com.
Legal Support Staff of Winston-Salem
- The Legal Support Staff of Winston-Salem meets on the second Thursday each month in the Mock Jury Room at Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice, One West Fourth St. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, or visit lssws.org.
Legal Support Staff of North Carolina
- May 19-20: LSSNC 21st Annual Meeting and Educational Conference takes place at Quality Inn & Suites, 2008 S. Hawthorne Road, Winston-Salem, featuring six hours of CLE (including one hour of ethics). Registration Fee: LSSNC Members: $50; Non-Members: $65; Attorney: $100 Contact: Sherri Harriman at 336-631-8500 Visit www.lssnc.com for more information and to register.
- May 20: The LSSNC Installation Banquet is scheduled at Five Points Winston, 109 S. Stratford Rd. in Winston-Salem from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Legal Support Staff of North Carolina is a statewide association for paralegals, law firm support staff and students. Attorneys can join as associate members. LSSNC and its chapters offer CLE, annual scholarships and other awards and programs. For more information, visit lssnc.com
- The association has chapters in Winston-Salem, Greensboro, Charlotte and Iredell County. Anyone interested in starting a new chapter may contact email@example.com
Metrolina Paralegal Association
- The Metrolina Paralegal Association is accepting nominations for its 2017 Paralegal of the Year. Any MPA member or an attorney can nominate a paralegal for the honor, and all nominations must be submitted by 5 p.m. Friday, March 31.Visit charlotteareaparalegals.com for more information and a nomination form.
North Carolina Paralegal Association
- NCPA Student Scholarship Essay Contest winners have been announced: Each winner received a check payable to her educational program and a free registration to the Annual Meeting and Seminar.
1st Place $400: Amy Stogner, Cape Fear Community College
2nd Place $300: Martha Williams, Meredith College
3rd Place $200: Tiffany Wah, Central Piedmont Community College
4th Place $100: Debi McPeters, Western Piedmont Community College
- NCPA’s Mentor Program needs mentors to help develop and promote career development and professionalism of future paralegals. Contact Beverly K. Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how to get involved.
- NCPA offers replays of past annual seminar sessions. Each session awards one hour of continuing education credit, and costs $10 for members and $25 for nonmembers.
- NCPA districts hold meet and greet sessions throughout the year. Contact your district director to learn about the sessions taking place in your area.
- For information about NCPA and its events, visit ncparalegal.org or visit NCPA’s Facebook page.
North Carolina Bar Association Paralegal Division
- May 5: North Carolina Bar Association Paralegal Division will hold its Annual Meeting from 8 am to 4:35 pm at Pinehurst. Topics include “Technology Tips,” “Immigration Law,” “Workers’ Compensation,” “Exoneration for the Wrongly Convicted,” and much more. The conference offers six CPE hours, including two ethics hours. Video replays will be available after the conference. Visit ncbar.org and navigate to the Paralegal Division for more information.
- The Paralegal Division is seeking members to participate on any of its 11 committees. Visit ncbar.org/members/divisions/paralegals to find out more.
- The Paralegal Division’s Paralegal Perspectives newsletter has converted to a blog-only publication. Access up-to-date information and advice by simply visiting http://ncbarblog.com/category/paralegal-division/
North Carolina Advocates for Justice Legal Assistants Division
- June 17: North Carolina Advocates for Justice Summer Conference for Paralegals at Sea Trail Resort, Sunset Beach.
- The North Carolina Advocates for Justice offers live seminars, webcasts and webinars along with a variety of video replays of CLE programs for members of its Legal Assistants Division.
- Visit ncaj.com for information on these programs and other activities for paralegals and legal assistants or email email@example.com
Raleigh-Wake Paralegal Association
- April 12: RWPA Bi-Monthly Member meeting is scheduled at The North Hills Club, 824 Yadkin Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609. Watch for our article in the March CPN for more information.
- 2017 Membership Dues remain at $50 per year for general members and free to students currently enrolled in a paralegal training program in Wake County.
Research Triangle Paralegal Association
- The Research Triangle Paralegal Association is a professional organization established by and for paralegals in the Research Triangle Area – Durham, Orange or Wake County. RTPA generally schedules lunch meetings every two months, starting in February each year.
- For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the association’s website at rtpanc.org.